Access to and use of certain portions of the Viddsee Service is password-protected and/or restricted to authorised users only. You may not attempt to obtain unauthorised access to any part of the Viddsee Service through any means not intentionally made available by us for your specific use.
Access and Use of the Viddsee Service
Your License. Viddsee grants you a limited, non-exclusive license to access and use the Viddsee Service for your own personal, non-commercial purposes.
The Content. You may only access and view the Content personally and for a non-commercial purpose in compliance with these Terms. You may not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service, or other means remove, alter, bypass, avoid, interfere with, or circumvent any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices marked on the Content or any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure associated with the Content including geo-filtering mechanisms. You may not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service, or other means copy, download, stream capture, reproduce, duplicate, archive, distribute, upload, publish, modify, translate, broadcast, perform, display, sell, transmit or retransmit the Content unless expressly permitted by Viddsee in writing. You may not incorporate the Content into, or stream or retransmit the Content via, any hardware or software application or make it available via frames or in-line links unless expressly permitted by Viddsee in writing. Furthermore, you may not create, recreate, distribute or advertise an index of any significant portion of the Content unless authorized by Viddsee. The Content covered by these restrictions includes without limitation any text, graphics, layout, interface, logos, photographs, audio and video materials, and stills.
Embedding a Video. Where Viddsee has incorporated an embed option in connection with Content on the Viddsee Service, you may embed videos using the Viddsee video player, provided you do not embed the Viddsee video player on any website or other location that (i) contains or hosts content that is unlawful, infringing, pornographic, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, vulgar, indecent, profane, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, encourages criminal conduct, gives rise to civil liability, violates any law, rule, or regulation, infringes any right of any third party including intellectual property rights, or is otherwise inappropriate or objectionable to Viddsee (in Viddsee’s sole discretion), or (ii) links to infringing or unauthorized content (collectively, "Unsuitable Material"). You may not embed the Viddsee video player into any hardware or software application, even for non-commercial purposes. Viddsee reserves the right to prevent embedding to any website or other location that Viddsee finds inappropriate or objectionable (as determined by Viddsee in its sole discretion).
Internet Access Charges. You are responsible for any costs you incur to access the internet.
Restriction of Use of the Viddsee Service
You agree not to:
- modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, create derivate work from, sell or re-sell any content or information obtained from or through the Viddsee Service;
- use web crawlers, web robots, web scutters, ants, automatic indexers, bots, worms, and other such devices in connection with the Viddsee Service; provided, however, that general purpose internet search engines and non-commercial public archives that use tools to gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to the Viddsee Serviceare granted a limited exception from the foregoing exclusion, provided that they do so from a stable IP address or range of IP addresses using an easily-identifiable agent;
- post, transmit or submit any confidential, false, misleading, unlawful, infringing, threatening, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, discriminatory, obscene, inflammatory, scandalous, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or would otherwise violate the law;
- use the Viddsee Service in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any part of Viddsee Serviceor interfere with any other party’s use of Viddsee Service;
- obtain or attempt to obtain any content through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Viddsee Service;
- impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with someone else;
- remove, modify, disable, block, obscure or otherwise impair any advertising in connection with the Viddsee Service;
- harvest information about users for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate or encourage the sending of, unsolicited bulk or other communications;
- post or transmit any worms, viruses, Trojans, or other harmful, disruptive, or destructive files, code, or programs to the Viddsee Service; or
- use the Viddsee Service to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation.
You may access and use certain portions of Viddsee Service only if you register as a member by providing a username, password, and valid email address.
You shall not at any time disclose any username, password or email address to any other party and you shall be responsible and liable for any disclosure or use (whether such use is authorised or not) of the username, password and email address. You are to notify Viddsee at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if you have reason for suspecting that the confidentiality of any username, password and/or email address has been compromised.
Any use of Viddsee Service and any information referable to your username, password and email address shall be deemed to be use of Viddsee Service by you and/or information transmitted by you. You agree that Viddsee shall be entitled to hold you solely responsible and liable in respect thereof as if the same were carried out, posted or transmitted by you.
Viddsee may at any time in its sole and absolute discretion forthwith invalidate your username and/or password without assigning any reason and without prior notice and shall not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage arising in connection with such invalidation.
The Site may include functionality which allows you to interact and communicate with other members of Viddsee or Viddsee itself. Where you access these features, your communications will be linked to an identifier ( “Display Name” ).
Viddsee shall be entitled and authorised to represent on or through Viddsee Service that any information and/or other materials submitted by you for inclusion and/or posting through Viddsee Service ( “User Content” ) are from you, by the use of the Display Name. You acknowledge that other users may act upon, rely on or regard such User Content as if they were carried out, posted or transmitted by you. Viddsee take no responsibility for, we do not expressly or implicitly endorse, and we do not assume any liability for any User Content submitted by you to Viddsee.
You warrant and represent that you have the right and authority to submit your User Content and that your User Content or any part thereof does not infringe the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third party. You hereby grant to Viddsee a non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty-free, irrevocable licence and right to host, transmit, distribute or use the User Content in connection with the Viddsee Service and for third-party marketing purposes.
You also agree to follow the following content guidelines when submitting your User Content. These guidelines are intended to keep people safe, protect kids, keep Viddsee running, and to encourage personal responsibility for what you do on Viddsee.
Content is prohibited if it
- Is illegal
- Is pornography
- Encourages or incites violence
- Threatens, harasses, or bullies or encourages others to do so
- Is personal and confidential information
- Impersonates someone in a misleading or deceptive manner
You may not post any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that we deem to be junk or spam. Cluttering Viddsee with this sort of content reduces the quality of experience for others.
Viddsee has a variety of ways of enforcing our rules, including, but not limited to
- Asking you nicely to knock it off
- Asking you less nicely
- Temporary or permanent suspension of accounts
- Removal of privileges from, or adding restrictions to, accounts
- Removal of content
The intellectual property rights in the Viddsee Service are owned, licensed to or controlled by Viddsee, its licensors or service providers. Viddsee aggressively enforces its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
The trade marks, service marks, trade names and logos used and displayed on Viddsee Service (collectively the “Trade Marks”) are registered and/or unregistered trade marks of Viddsee. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting any license or right to download, reproduce or use any Trade Marks displayed on Viddsee Service, without the written permission of Viddsee or any other applicable trade mark owner. The name of Viddsee may not be used in any way without the prior written permission of Viddsee.
The Viddsee Service may contain links to other websites maintained by third-parties. These links are provided solely as a convenience and does not imply endorsement of, or association with, the party by Viddsee.
The Viddsee Service may also contain third-party links posted by users like you. Viddsee is not responsible for the content or actions of any third party websites or services associated with posted links.
Termination of Use
Viddsee shall have the right to immediately terminate or suspend, in its discretion, your access to all or part of the Viddsee Service with or without notice for any reason.
Warranty and Liability
THE VIDDSEE SERVICE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE OFFER NO WARRANTY, EXPLICIT OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PART OF VIDDSEE SERVICE AND CONTENT, THE ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION, OR ANY RIGHTS OR LICENSES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. VIDDSEE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE VIDDSEE SERVICE AND CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THEIR USE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
VIDDSEE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY GENERAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, COSTS OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE VIDDSEE SERVICE AND CONTENT, AND VIDDSEE’s TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO VIDDSEE OVER THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING YOUR CLAIM(S).
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Viddsee and its officers, employees, shareholders, directors and suppliers against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to a breach of this Agreement, the use of Viddsee Service and the use or the inability of use of any Content, your failure to abide by any restriction regarding the use of any Content, or any claim by a third party related to the use of any Content.
Notice and Procedure for Claims of Copyright Infringement
Viddsee reserve the right to remove any approved Content at any time if We believe it's defective, of poor quality or infringe on any right. Serious copyright infringement issues caused by you will result in the termination of this Agreement, the termination of your membership, and possible criminal prosecution.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide Viddsee the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
Patrons of Viddsee
If you believe in our vision (or are just a really nice person), you are welcome to contribute directly to Viddsee and what we do by becoming a Viddsee Patron. This section of these Terms shall apply to Patrons and any contributions you make (“ Contributions ”).
- Voluntary and for Viddsee. You acknowledge that all Contributions are made voluntarily by you to us, to be used in support of our business and operations as we consider appropriate. We are not a charity or similar institution.
- No ownership or other rights. You agree that Contributions do not entitle you to any ownership, interest, equity, access to information or any other rights in respect of Viddsee or its related companies.
- Benefits. As a way to show our appreciation to our Patrons, we may from time to time offer gifts, special offers and other benefits, such as early access or exclusive merchandise or content (“ Patron Benefits ”). You agree that we may alter or withdraw the specific benefits offered in our sole discretion, and that there are no guarantees of any Patron Benefits, or any specific Patron Benefit. You also agree that these benefits shall not have any cash value, and that they cannot be exchanged, encashed, or traded for other benefits. You are responsible for how any Patron Benefits might be treated for tax purposes.Charges and cancellation. When you contribute to us, whether on a recurring basis or just once, we will refer you to our payment processor to handle the transaction. Please let us know at email@example.com if you have any issues. If there is a recurring Contribution, you may cancel any future Contribution at any time by contacting us at support, and we will process that as soon as we can.
Payments, Fees and Taxes
If you are receiving monies via Viddsee, applicable third party processing fees will be deducted. These fees vary, but are usually under 5% of the total amount processed. In addition, standard credit card or other third party processing or currency exchange fees may also apply depending on the payment method you use. Viddsee is not responsible for third party credit card processing or third party payment processing services.
The reporting and payment of any taxes on any amounts paid to you, if any, are your responsibility. If legally required to charge and collect any taxes relating to any payments or pledges, we will do so. We will report to any applicable tax authorities as required by law. For such reporting, we may ask you for additional information such as identification numbers or beneficiaries. If these are requested for reporting purposes, you must provide these to us.
Interpretation, Severability, Waiver and Remedies
Headings are for convenience only and shall not be used to construe the terms of this Agreement. If any term of this Agreement is found invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, that term will be severed from this Agreement. No failure or delay by Viddsee in exercising any right hereunder will waive any further exercise of that right. Vimeo's rights and remedies hereunder are cumulative and not exclusive.
This Agreement incorporates the following documents by reference:
This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between Viddsee and you concerning the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings regarding the same.
This Agreement was last modified on 1st August 2018.
If there are any questions regarding this Agreement, you may contact us using the information below:
71 Ayer Rajah Crescent